10.01.2013

Happy October (And a Long Overdue "Hello!")

happy october deer in progress2 deer in progress

Soulfully serene and silent. Those are the words this deer brings to mind. And I guess those would be good words to describe myself these past few (almost six!) months. It was a challenging summer--a wonderful summer, but a trying one too. And I think my way of getting through it was to curl up within a shell of calm and silence, to block out the world a bit and just focus on mustering the strength not "just to get through it" but to really savor and learn from it. More on that later this week.

Being an introvert, the cocoon of extreme inward focus has been the norm throughout my life for the way I deal with pressure or stress. But I think it is also a necessity in the creative process--the place where new ideas, dreams and inspirations are "birthed." Perhaps this summer was doubly inwardly focused since I have been intensely working on a new collection of artwork (planning a new Etsy shop to open in November with an upcoming blog address change--stay tuned!) PLUS literally growing a new little person inside of me who is due to greet the world in just two weeks! Eeek!

I love the change in seasons, especially the beginning of Fall. My senses feel alive again and I'm waking up, ready to emerge from this cozy cocoon and to connect with the world again! Thank you and lots of love to you for checking in on me now and again--please visit often as I am excited to resume sharing weekly glimpses into my studio (and into my soon-to-be crazy new life as mama-of-three)!


13 comments:

  1. Welcome back Sarah, I have patiently been waiting for your wonderful blogs to start back up. I love reading them. I just love this one and the artwork to go along with it. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kate! It is encouraging to know that you have been waiting to read more of my blog! :) Love you!

      Delete
  2. Oh it's so good to see you back. I've been wondering about you. Can't wait to hear more, and see more of your beautiful artwork. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carin, it's good to hear from you too! Thank you for checking in on me this summer, and sorry I stayed away for so long! Time just flies by, doesn't it? Looking forward to catching up with you!

      Delete
  3. When I saw that first photo, I thought to myself, "Her art just calms me." I'm so excited for your upcoming shop and for the sweet bundle you're expecting! I can't wait to hear her name. :) Fall is my favorite time of year too and I understand when you say you feel alive; I do too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, this is exactly what I needed to hear this morning--that you find my work calming! I've been working out my new shop name and honing in on the message of my work and what I'm coming up with is a quiet and confidence to shine! So I am so happy to have this idea confirmed :). I hope you and your family are well and enjoying fall! I can't wait to announce our new arrival soon...and I know you will appreciate her name! ;)

      Delete
    2. That should read "a quiet confidence and strength to shine."

      Delete
  4. The deer is so cute! Aidan is super proud and excited that he helped with that paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I enjoyed having help making the papers, And the one Aidan made turned out to be PERFECT for the white on the deer's throat!

      Delete
  5. It's great to see you and your beautiful work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sherri! I appreciate you for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Your artwork is really beautiful and your writing too! Good luck with the arrival of the little person x Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rachel! I stopped by your blog and shop and discovered that your work is beautiful too! :)

      Delete

Thank you for being kind with your words and generous with your time!