4.05.2013

Blessed with Good Things....Good, GOOD Things!

baby announcement 
mama owl close

When I started working on this little family of owls a few months ago, I had no idea my art was coming to life inside of me! But before it was even finished we discovered the wonderful news--this fall we will be adding a third baby "chick" to our own nest! What a very special piece this will always be to me--it's incredible the way art imitates life...or is it the other way around?

And the other news: in just SIX WEEKS we will be spreading our wings and flying back home--to stay! Ahhh, I can't believe it; I've been on the verge of tears the whole of this gray Hamburg day (not merely at the sight of the snow flurries blowing around outside my window). It is certainly bittersweet and I'll share more of the story soon. But mostly I'm teary from the anticipation of warm hugs from family and friends, most of whom we haven't seen in nearly three years...and the warm, bright, beautiful, healing Colorado SUNSHINE!!! What a banquet of precious gifts; thank you Lord! 

"He has brought me to His banqueting house
and His banner over me is love."
Song of Solomon 2:4

"Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty...
He will cover you with his feathers.
He will shelter you with his wings.
His faithful promises are your armor and protection."
Psalm 91:1,4

22 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you and your family - and how amazing that this piece of art became symbolic of the new addition coming! I'm wishing you a smooth move back to the states. Thank you for sharing your beautiful art...I always love seeing what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw...congratulations on the little life growing! So, beautiful!

    I will be praying for your and yours as you transition back home.

    Blessings,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Sadee! I'm so happy for you! That is truly wonderful news. And congrats on going back home too. Hope you have a smooth move. So many good things happening in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of wonderful things happening for you right now. Congratulations! I know what you mean about that Colorado sunshine. My sister lives there and I love visiting her to soak it all in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so happy for you and your family!! the good old US awaits you with sunshine & open arms! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. and CONGRATS!! yay for your third baby chickadee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Children are a blessing from the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on baby #3 - how exciting!
    I guess you are crazily busy with the upcoming move back to the US. I can understand your happiness and anticipation - Hamburg definitely is not the sunniest place in Germany. Colorado is such a beautiful state! All the best to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. !!!!!!
    (for both pieces of news!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats and just love this! HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats and this painting is so cool on so many levels!! So much to look at, it's so engaging.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations. Wow, that is amazing news. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. so much wonderful news! so happy and excited for you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on all the good news...the new chick to be, and the move home!! Adorable piece!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sadee, both sets of news are SO exciting! No wonder you can hardly think straight. Amazing. I look forward to hearing more in good time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on baby number 3 and for moving back home! Beautiful little painting too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on the new chick in the nest, I am sure that the sweetness and strength of your drawing has a lot to do with your status, life is life-giving. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely! So very beautifully done! <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on all your good news Sadee. Loving your beautiful artwork dear lady Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. A truly gorgeous work of art! and congrats on your news... baby and moving home. how exciting! happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is beautiful and congratulations on your wonderful news on both parts HPPF Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I teared up reading this. I'm so happy for you and your little nest!! I love that you were painting this WHILE you were unknowingly pregnant. :)
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being kind with your words and generous with your time!